Monday, March 31, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


First a recap from last week. I made everything last week except for Crockpot Brown Sugar Chicken which is actually in my crockpot today. I got sick this week with a bad cold and one night we had leftovers and the other night I just ordered pizza. I'm feeling a lot better though.

Crockpot Meatloaf
by Organizing Junkie was a hit. I always know when it's a hit when my family goes for seconds. My son actually ate 2 servings of meat and one of my daughters had 2 servings for carrots. My husband said it was okay. He added cheese to his portion as that's how I normally make my meatloaf so I guess he didn't want a change. I thought it was very good and easy to make. Thanks Laura f0r sharing your recipe.

Crockpot Beef Casserole was very good. The sauce was very good. I served it over rice but I think the next time I'd serve it over egg noodles. Adding to my monthly planner.

Now for this weeks menu:
Monday - Crockpot Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken with rice
Tues - Cake for Dinner? Okay, it's April Fool's Day so I figured I'd try this out as a joke. If I don't do it on Tues I will try this sometime this week.
Wed - Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Thurs - Kathy's Delicious Slow Cook Chicken I have made this before actually many times. I serve it with rice.
Fri - Mom's Zucchini Pie I have made this before and even my husband eats it even though he doesn't eat Zucchini
Sat - Mild Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Sun - leftovers

Sorry this is going to be a chicken week since there was a sale and I over purchased chicken.

For other menus, please visit Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

Karen Hossink said...

I'm so glad you're going to try the Cake for April Fool's Day. I just went to the store and bought all my ingredients this morning.
My kids are going to Grandma's for a few days at the end of the week, so I have "Eat out" on my menu plan TWICE this week. *big grin*