Monday, March 10, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

I am going to try to do this quickly, yeah right! No, really I am just exhausted and need to get this done. Today I did power cooking with some friends. We made 800 meatballs and 300 stuffed shells. I have 50 shells and 133 meatballs in my freezer as there were 6 of us. Cost for all this was $25. Oh, I also had one pound of ground beef that we fried up so we had that for tonights dinner.

Review of last weeks meals:
As I mentioned in my last weeks post I'm getting fed up with my crock pot. If any of you have any good recipes please share because everything I seem to make in mine comes out really crappy. Baked Honey Pecan Chicken was really yummy. I liked the honey sauce. The Broccoli with creamy lemon sauce was really good. My kids actually dipped their chicken into the lemon sauce. I didn't put the honey pecan on their chicken. Chicken Burgers came out yucky. The Beef and Veggie Stir fry is a keeper. My husband loved the sauce so it made it to the monthly cook book. The cowpoke BBQ sauce was a disappointment. Somehow I didn't make the chicken Burritos, chicken fajitas or swiss chicken. I think we wound up having left overs. I did substitute sweet and sour meatballs for one of the nights (husband's favorite as it was his birthday.)

Now to this week:
Monday - Chili - used cooked chop meat that I had left over from power cooking today.
Tues - Stuffed Shells (frozen from power cooking)
Wed - Meat balls and Spaghetti or pasta (frozen from power cooking)
Thurs - (Crock Pot) Yes I'm going to attempt again! Wish me luck. I'm going to try a recipe from Robin Miller from Food Network called Beef it Up. She cooks one meal and then uses it 2 other times. Beef Roast with Root Vegetables and Mixed Greens with Raspberry-Walnut Dressing
Fri - Green Chile Beef Empanadas
Sat- Asian Beef Salad with Cilantro, Scallions and Sesame Seeds
Sun - leftovers or eat out

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Hey, good luck with the crockpot cooking. I am sure that you will get the hang of it!

Passing along a TAG, You're It post as well, just for fun - get your mind off the cooking, right?! lol

This is how the tag works:
1 - Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages)
2 - Open the book to page 123
3 - Find the fifth sentence
4 - Post the next three sentences
5 - Tag five people

Canadian Saver said...

Your menu looks great!! Thanks for putting those links too, I love seeing the recipes :-)

Stephanie said...

I have several "new" crock pot recipes that my kids love (they're 4 - twins). There are links to most everything on my blog, I think, but you can e-mail if you prefer. I was feeling the same way that you are, and have tried several things. I promise to only share what worked for us. :)

Davis' said...

I posted two crockpot meals on my blog if you want to check it out. weightfortoday@blogspot.com

andi davis

Hyperactive Lu said...

love the idea of power cooking. great menu.

http://hyperactivelu.wordpress.com