Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Good Mail? When?

It's that time of year when I am experiencing some anxiety. The last thing I want to do is go to my mailbox each day. Why? It's like every time I go to it I get unexpected bills or notices for people wanting money! Also lots of junk mail. The junk mail I can deal with since I just toss it in the recycling bin. Then there are invitations to parties that I don't know how to respond to. Now, don't get me wrong, I love parties but now that we are really strapped for money living pay check to pay check with no savings and waiting for our taxes to be done from the accountant is more stress than I can handle at this time. We just don't have the money for gifts. I have no idea how we are going to pay our taxes because we pay every year why would this year be any different?

I'm even selling some of my Stampin Up retired stamp sets on e-bay just so I can get season passes to Great Adventure for the kids this summer. Unfortunately, they are 3 years old and we have to pay for them this summer because they changed the age requirement for getting in free.
Of course, if I got my organized magazine like Laura did today maybe my post would be more on a positive side. As for today's mail, I got an invitation to a Bar Mitzvahs that I had no idea that we were going to be invited as it's from our Rabbi who's son is making his Bar Mitzvahs. How do you respond? We just can't afford to go. Of course, the Rabbi knows that we are having some financial difficulty because he is working with us to pay our monthly dues to the synagogue. We just don't have anything extra to give because if we did we would definitely give it. Luckily everything else was junk mail. Oh, I did get a Dora Leapster game for the kids that I got from ebay after selling one of my stamp sets to get it. They don't know anything about it though until tonight when they need to switch games. They now have 7 different games. Each night they switch games. Some nights it can be very chaotic when one wants the same game but the rule is they can't have the same game 2 nights in a row they have to take turns.

Here's wishing for some good mail as I don't know how much more stress I can handle.

1 comment:

Karen Hossink said...

I'm sorry for the stress you're going through right now. Wish there were words adequate to comfort you...Would, "I'm praying for you" help???
Hang in there, friend.