Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Day without Consequences

If I could live one day without consequences I would eat shellfish without feeling guilty that G_d would punish me. In the Torah G_d says the following:

Of the things that are in the waters, you may eat anything that has fins and scales. Lev. 11:9; Deut. 14:9. Thus, shellfish such as lobsters, oysters, shrimp, clams and crabs are all forbidden. Fish like tuna, carp, salmon and herring are all permitted.

I so miss the shellfish. It has been a big challenge giving that up when I converted 3 years ago. I also gave up pork but haven't craved that as much as shellfish.

Would you get a tatoo? Nope not me! There's a line in the Bible that says,
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD. (Leviticus 19:28)

What other things would you try? I would love to sleep in all day but, of course, being a SAHM that would be way out of the question. How would my two year old triplets manage? They are not potty trained and need their diapers changed every 2 or 3 hours. They also eat every 3 hours. It's only a wishful thought to have a day off. I mean, any other type of job you would be able to call out sick and just have a day to yourself but not when you are a MOM! Your job just never ends.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

I'm sorry you are so exhausted but wait until they become teenagers! Then you will really be tired! lol