Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Helena You Will Be Missed Dearly

I am still in shock. Thursday my friend Helena passed away suddenly from an Aortic Aneurysm. She was 43 years old. Her husband Andrew passed away a little over a year ago very suddenly from Pneumonia. He grew a clot, it went to his brain and he would never wake up, and life support was stopped.

Their triplets, Madison, Zoe and Jonathan will be six years old March 14th. Helena was raising them alone with much difficulty. Jonathan has severe CP, and one of the girls has mild CP. Helena struggled greatly in the last year to keep her family together. She loved her "treasures" as she referred to them.

I would meet with Helena once a month at the triplet moms night out when we could get baby sitters for our children. She was very helpful and generous. She kept a blog that I would read when I had a chance to. Due to financial difficulties, she stopped blogging suddenly in October when she could no longer afford to have internet or a home phone, and she lost her connection to the world.

Tanya and Gina had started a blog to tribute her. You can visit it here. She touched my life and will be greatly missed.

4 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I am so sorry for your loss. What a sad story. Who will be taking care of her children now? I will keep them and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Tanya Siekman said...

Laura,

I am still just feeling sick about how suddenly Helena passed away and how awful it must be for Madison, Zoe and Jonathan.

It's just hard to grasp that we all take life for granted and we truly don't know what our tomorrows will bring.

Hope you're feeling better, I know your heart hurts too.

Tanya

Gina Marie said...

Thank you for your kind words for Helena. . . . My heart hurts with you.

Gina

Gina Marie said...

Thank you for your kind words for Helena. . . . My heart hurts with you.

Gina