Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


First a review from last weeks menu. Tuesday I made meatloaf. I unfortunately ran out of breadcrumbs so I put 3 or 4 slices of break in my food processor. I also used chicken chopmeat. It came out really good. The first time I had no leftovers. Wed we had Whisky Steak. It was not very good. Will not make that recipe again. Garlic Prime Rib was okay and the homemade chicken soup came out okay. I actually had lots of leftovers from these two meals. Some of the soup I actually froze. The Prime Rib my husband chopped up the leftovers and made another meal out of it. Unfortunately I did not make the lemon broccoli pasta. I will have to make that another time. While I was watching food network the other day the recipe Personal Penne Primavera looked so good that I wound up using the broccoli for that instead. It came out really well so it's now in my binder.

Oh, did I mention I now have a menu planning binder? While decluttering my kitchen I wound up going in my basement to get something and then wound up decluttering a box of old papers and found some tabs. In my binder I have tabs 1-10 (need to get 2 more). I'm using this for the monthly menus. Then behind that I have tabs a-z. This is where I am putting the recipes that are keepers. Behind the a-z right now I have recipes that I'd like to try one day. I just bought a new file plastic container that I plan on using to sort my want to try recipes into. The meal planning book will only have tried and true recipes. Ones that I can repeat. If the recipe is not worth keeping I will just toss it.

I am leaving on a mini vacation on Friday. I will be away Friday, Sat and Sun without my husband and without the kids. It's my birthday on the 13th and I'm going away to a scrapbooking weekend. Can't wait! Now to my menu for the week

Monday - Leftovers and Blueberry Crumble for dessert (I purchased 2 containers of fresh blueberries as they were on sale.) This recipe is definately a keeper. The kids loved it.
Tues - BBQ Meatballs (carried over from last week)
Wed - French Dip Sandwiches and Creamy Mac and Cheese
Thurs - Hashbrown sausage bake
Friday - Away
Sat - Away
Sunday- Away

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I really like your idea for the notebook. I am doing something similar, but not nearly as well organized. I like your idea better. I have a tiny kitchen and really need to cut out the clutter.

BTW - I have 4-yr-old twins. Congrats on the multiples. What a special club to belong to!

threesidesofcrazy said...

The BBQ Meatballs sound really yummy!