Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Life before Scrapping

Ever wonder what I did before scrapping? I got married in 1995. My husband was a workaholic even back then. He told me to get a hobby as I was bored and lonely. So I took a quilting class. The class I took was a hand quilting class. It was a wedding ring pattern. My original goal was to make a queen size quilt. I bought all the fabric to do so but once it came time to do all the cutting and sewing (by hand no machine) I changed my mind and made a table runner. The table runner consisted of 5 circles. From start to finish it took me 3 years to complete this project. Once it was completed I gave it to my mom for mother's day that was in 1999. Why did it take me so long? First, I wound up taking other classes (machine ones). I did many other projects in between this one. Once I learned how to scrapbook I stopped quilting. Haven't touched my sewing machine in years.

Credits

No comments: