Friday, February 01, 2008

Photo of the Day - Organizing Pantry & Fridge

My goal today was to clean the top of my pantry closet. The other day a fork fell from the top of the pantry and almost hit my husband. Luckily none of the kids were in there when it happened. Here's the before photo.

And now here's the after photo. I don't have that many plastic boxes so I just used cardboard boxes to group all the like items together. Like I had a ton of plastic forks, knives, napkins, cups, plates, etc. I put the utencils in zip lock bags and then put them in the bit box in the back since we only use them when we have company. I also made a bin (tuperware) labeled snacks and I put fruit snacks and cookies in that way up high so the kids can't get at it.

Well, of course, while doing the pantry I came across my soda containers that belong in the fridge so I wound up emptying out my fridge and redoing everything. The kids loved taking everything out and putting it on the floor. Here's the before photo.

And now it looks like this! I moved the milk to the door. Got rid of 3 bags full of outdated salad dressings and condiments. I also took out my label maker and labeled each shelf for what belongs on it. Got the idea from here. Here's more blogs.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hello! It's coming along great! I took a peek at your slide show. You've definitely got your work cut out for you but you know it is totally doable!!

Love to see you are using cardboard boxes to help you. Awesome!

Happy Organizing :)
Laura