Sunday, February 03, 2008

Tupperware Makeover

After visiting Bonnie's blog yesterday I was motivated to get my tupperware cabinets organized. So the first thing I did this morning was take everything out of my 3 cabinets. I put everything in my laundry basket and then had the kids match all the lids to the bottoms. This is my before photo of my mini tupperware containers. Look at that mess. The lids were taking over!

I threw out a whole garbage bag of lids. Yes, LIDS! Why in the world I have just lids and not bottoms is beyond me. I checked the fridge and the dishwasher and didn't see any extra bottoms anywhere. So off in the trash can they went. Bottom 2 shelves is items I use frequently. I can reach the bottom two shelves without getting the step stool. The 3rd shelf up is items I use less frequently. Well, it's their lunch boxes and pizza dish, soup dish and platter for entertaining. I do use their lunch boxes the ones to the left 2 times a week so I don't know if I will keep them there as it maybe annoying getting the step stool out each week. We'll see!

I had tupperware in the corner cabinet too. Lots of vases, medication and measuring cups here. I think I may have to get a lazy susan for this cabinet because the items in the back aren't very reachable. I got a box ready for donation. I put some vases and glass cups that I just don't need and never use. Why do I need so many vases when I get one each time he gets me flowers. Why keep them all? Medication is now moved to where the other medication is. (That needs to be cleaned out) but not today. Here's the photo before

And after. I put on the very top serving things and 2 vases. Yes, I kept 2. Only because they were different looks and very pretty. Now, if only he will get me flowers! Hint! Hint! Bottom two shelves have my measuring cups and blender which I use quite often.

Under my center island I had big bowls and BBQ utensils. I moved the BBQ stuff to above my oven. Will get to that cabinet in another day. Here's the before.

And after. I only took the photo of the right side as that's where all the tupperware is. To the left of the cabinet will be my food processor and mixer. I normally don't have them on the countertop unless I am using them but again I get lazy so my mixer yes is on the countertop.


Why can't my husband get excited about my new organizing. This is his response, "It won't last long! Why don't you do the cabinet above your desk. It really needs to be done! You're going to do the kitchen and then get burned out and the cabinet above your desk won't get done." My comment back was, "Laura I'm an Organizing Junkie is doing the dining room in March." He cut me off and said, "What's to do in the dining room?" We have absolutely nothing in the dining room that needs to be decluttered. Maybe cleaned (dusted and vacuumed but that's it.) So my continued response was, "I'm going to work on my desk area then and hopefully the coat closet but first want to do the kitchen.

4 comments:

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

Good job on getting rid of excess! Congrats on making the "Top 12"!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Nice work and congratulations to you as well.

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

WOW! Looks great! You did an awesome job!

Bella Sweet Cakes said...

I have problems withmy plastic containers too,, this is good idea,, I'll keep ur site for further reference...