Monday, February 18, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Oops I forgot to post my menu for last week. I went on vacation for 3 days and now I'm forever trying to catch up with the 3 days I was not on the computer.

Unfortunately, I was a little overwhelmed when I got home from my vacation that I fell behind and did not plan my meals. I was back in my "WHAT'S FOR DINNER MODE". Talk about stress! Anyway, here was what we ate this past week.

Mon - BBQ Meatballs (a favorite of ours. Unfortunately, this time I tried the recipe with chicken chopmeat and it wasn't very good. Will have to stick with regular chop meat).
Tues - Sausage Supreme from "Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook pg 156 (Won't make this again)
Wed - Eat Out
Thurs - Chicken Parm (family favorite)
Fri - Meatloaf, Corn Cassarole (by Paula Dean. This recipe I have made numerous times. It's very good) and Potatoes (yes I went to the box. I bought those Betty Crocker scalloped potatoes.)
Sat - Rory's carbonara(a big thank you to Bonnie for this great recipe. I'm adding it to my tried and true recipes. When I saw a photo of this on her blog I had a craving for it. I'm such a sucker when it comes to pasta as that's my favorite type of meal.)
Sunday - Stirfry beef. (Luckily I had some stir fry package of frozen veggies that I used for a quick meal)

While cleaning my kitchen cabinets I came across an old binder of mine filled with recipes. Some recipes were probably made before and others are recipes I'd like to make so I'm going to use this book for the upcoming week.

upcoming menu
Mon - Honey Mustard Chicken (yuck won't make this again) with rice and Sesame Green Beans.

Sesame Green Beans
1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed (I used canned)
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt to taste.

Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water bring to a boil. Cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until crisp. (I skipped that part since I used canned green beans). Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the sesame seeds and garlic in oil. Drain beans (I did do this); stir into garlic mixture. Season with salt.
Blogger: Creative Triplet Mom - Create Post
Yield: 6 servings

Tues - BBQ Steak Strips (NEW) and Oven Roasted Carrots (NEW)
Wed - Burgers and Fries
Thurs - Sweet and Sour Meatballs (husband's favorite.)
Fri - A Good Easy Garlic Chicken (NEW) Spinach and Strawberry Salad (NEW)
Sat - Best London Broil Ever (NEW) and Eggplant con Queso
Sunday - Crock Pot Roast (NEW) and Asparagus and Parm Crust (NEW)

Why oh why does it take me so long to create my menus? This week I went by what was on sale at the supermarket but I tell you it took me over an hour to plan the above. Now, praying it works out that I get to the supermarket tomorrow night to get some items.

Many thanks to Laura at The Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Mondays!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Your menu looks just wonderful!

I have learned my lesson about substituting turkey for beef in most of my recipes....just isn't the same.

Have a great week!

Nic said...

Your menu plan looks very appetizing. I think my kids would love the sweet and sour meatballs. Enjoy your week.