Monday, June 30, 2008

June Round Up

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

I am reading. Yes, you read that right. I am in the middle of a book. What am I reading? I am reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I already renewed the book once from the library so I've been reading for 4 weeks now. This is the book they are reading in the MOMS Club bookclub. Last book they read I never finished. I'm determined to complete this one. I have by July 18 to complete it so I've been reading on the treadmill at the gym and biking as well. I just can't seem to find the time at home to read.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?


No time for movies this month. I almost saw Sex in the City last week but I became ill and never made it there. I'm actually going tomorrow so that will be a July post.

I did, however, go to see a play with the kids at the college. We saw "The Little Red Hen". The story was like my life. 3 friends (my children) who don't help out. Now, when they don't want to help out I remind them about the little red hen and tell them that they would be rewarded if they do it. The kids enjoyed the play so much that I got tickets for their birthday in August to see Winnie the Pooh's Birthday.

We continue to watch Samantha Who and The Big Bang Theory reruns.

What special days did I celebrate and how?


Our 13th Wedding Anniversary was on June 25. It was like every other day. Nothing special. We did go to Friendlies for dinner with the kids so at least I did not have to cook. He also gave me a card.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?


Cranium Hullabaloo Game. The triplets gave this to one of their friends for their birthday. We already own this game and play it quite often. It's a fun game for the kids.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?

Naomi had an ear infection. She was on antibiotics for 10 days.

Justin had a fever when we went to the beach. He complained of ear pain too so off to the doctor's office we went. He did not have any infection.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?


We did so much in the month of June. Lots of play dates, sprinkler events, beach, Cherry picking, Great Adventure, Puppet Show, Play, Blue Berry Bash, Spraygrounds.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?

Nothing really new this month.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?


After reading I'm an Organizing Junkie's entry on a beach cart I went and purchased one for myself. I searched Walmart and finally found one (last one) for $20. I already used it 2 times this month so it was well worth it.

After reading Katie the Scrapbook's entry on photography I went and purchased these digital filters for my Canon Rebel. I have them now but need to learn when to use them.

What were this month's disappointments?


June 22 we realized our cat Diamonds was missing. We have been searching everywhere for her. We looked both inside and out. We sent out flyers to neighbors, reported her missing to animal control and also left a flyer at our vet's office. I am really heartbroken. She was with us for 13 years. We actually got her the same week we got married 13 years ago. She has no claws and has never been outside. We recently lost my other cat Rocky back in October. So to have them both gone I'm so sad.

What were my accomplishments this month?


I actually cleaned and organized the play area and got that completed. Next month we will be working in our bathroom.

I also completed my first newsletter for the MOMS Club with lots of editing. Soon I will be working on my next one.

Anything else noteworthy to record?

--------------------------------
Backup your digital pictures to cd/dvd and upload them to an online site or two for an extra backup. Send the links to the online albums to friends and family.

Choose photos (or digital layouts) to be printed out and get that done while you are thinking about it.

Make sure your scrapbooking area is cleaned up and organized. Put away new purchases (or organize your hard drive if you are a digi scrapper)

Look over the calendar for the coming month and make note of upcoming events you will want to capture for your scrapbooks.

No comments: