Sunday, December 16, 2007

What's for Dinner? UGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The question, "What's for Dinner?" is said in my house every night. As a matter of fact, it is said many times. Some days I have a plan and will say what we are having but there are many many nights where I am frantically trying to decide what to make. At 4 pm each day I try to make dinner so we can eat by 5 pm.

I have a ton of cook books and recipes torn out of magazines that I'd like to try. I also tend to search the web for recipes. Most of the time I am missing an ingredient and that makes it frustrating. After making the new recipe, 80% of the time the new recipe is awful. I have only a handful of recipes that I'd make another time. If it's yucky why make it again? It's annoying to cook for an hour or more to not enjoy the meal. Tonight was one of those nights! I made a chicken cheese muffin dish. I got the recipe from foodnetwork.

My family is very picky as well. My husband won't eat anything with mushrooms. Nor will he eat any veggies. Pasta is a problem as well because he likes to stay away from carbs. All his meals has to have some type of meat. However, I'm limited to chicken or beef. No seafood. No pork. Me, personally I could live without the meat and live on pasta.

As for my children. I have one that likes to eat meat and one that likes veggies and then one that eats everything. There aren't that many recipes that they all eat.

So if you made it this far please if you have a recipe that you make a couple times a year please send it my way. I so need help in the cooking department. I could use chicken, beef, pasta and side dishes. Please e-mail them to me at scrapaddict13 at yahoo dot com. Thanks.

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I'm sending a meat loaf recipe to you. I hope it makes sense.

Bonnie said...

sent you a recipe!! Enjoy!