Monday, December 31, 2007

Recapping 2007

Mon 12/31 Blog Prompt

Hard to believe we are at the end of another year already. Did your year go as you planned? How about a highlight of your resolutions and/or special events?

Events that happened in 2007:

Tragedy: I lost my cat the night before Halloween. He had chocked on a pretzel bag that the kids left around from their trick or treating. He was only 11 years old. He would always hide when the kids were awake and once they went to bed he would come out and look for attention. I feel so bad that I wasn't home when he died. It was the first night that we all slept over my sister's house. My husband was home and found him on the stairs not breathing. It was too late to save him. If you ask the kids where Rocky went. They will tell you, "He went to the Rainbow Bridge". I will never forget you my "Pooh Bear".


Sept: The kids started preschool. They go 2 days a week for 1/2 day. While they are in school I managed to get a job doing accounting. I applied for a gym instructor but after reviewing my resume I was called for the accounting position. So do I get a break from the kids? I do but I am working. I do not have any free time to myself. My working pays for part of their schooling. It's amazing how expensive preschool is. It wouldn't be bad if we had only one child to send but times that by 3! Yikes! My entire pay goes to their school. Now, the preschool wants next years deposit by Jan 8. I don't know if we will be able to add another day to their schedule as that would be another $200 per month. They will be 4 next year and I'm sure they will need the additional schooling to help them prepare for kindergarten but will we have the additional funds? Right now we are still living paycheck to paycheck. No savings. I can always pray that God will provide for us.


I've been dealing with a bit of anxiety and depression. My patience is run thin. I get very angry often. I don't enjoy being with the kids as they make me so frustrated. Could it be that I feel this way because I'm raising them literally alone? My husband works 24/7. Most days he comes home from work and is there just to put them to bed meanwhile I struggled all day with them. If you have only one toddler and are reading this try to think of how it could be with 3 toddlers. They no longer nap so I don't get any break from all the whining and fighting. Try to keep them busy all day it's hard. Most days I just want to run away or lock myself in my laundry room just for some piece and quite. I look forward to bedtime because that's when I can actually sit down and relax and it's quite. The only thing that helps is my scrapbooking. I have completed over 500 pages this year. I look forward to making my pages. It's my therapy for making it through each day. If I didn't have my scrapping I don't think I would be here today.

Illnesses: We have had a couple of ear infections, sinus infections, pneumonia and stomach viruses come to our house this winter. Right now the kids are on antibiotics for double ear infections. Can't wait till winter is over.

The kids were involved in the YMCA. This past summer they took a class "Introduction to Sports". They learned baseball, soccer and basketball. I think Justin is left handed as he did so good in baseball but was hitting lefty. Victoria seemed to like soccer and Naomi liked basketball. In Sept I signed the girls up for dance class. They are taking tap and ballet. Unfortunately, after Victoria got very sick with pneumonia in November she stopped wanting to attend dance. She's missed 2 classes while sick and then when she returned she didn't go into class because she had to go potty. The 3rd class she was in the bathroom the entire 45 minutes. Then the 4th week she had a tantrum and didn't want to go in the class room. Same thing happened on week 5. So I will be dropping her out of dance. Naomi continues to like it and so she will continue to go. I'm hoping to get them all in another class maybe gymnastics in the spring.

I continue to be very active in the MOMS Club and again joined MOPs. I did switch my chapter of MOPs I was attending because I knew the leader at the new MOPs location. The kids seem to enjoy going and I like the ladies there better. When the kids got really sick around Thanksgiving MOPs came to my rescue with home cooked meals. It was amazing. Thank you all who thought of us at that hard time this year.

New changes for 2008. Well, I joined the gym. It opens in January. The gym offers free babysitting for 2 hours. I hope that going to the gym would help me to release some stress and enjoy the kids more.

Hoping 2008 is better than 2007.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had two children less than a year apart and it was hard, I cannot even imagine what you must go through. You are doing a good job though and realize your limitations. The job and the gym will certainly be a relief, albeit a small one. May you have a very blessed new year.