Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Potty Training - A Blessing or a Curse?

This potty training business is a pain in the butt! We are doing great when we are home but going out is torture. Two of them are deathly afraid of public bathrooms. They kick and scream on the top of their lungs. I had to carry them kicking and screaming into the stall with me on numerous occasions this week. They can't possibly stay outside by themselves. Then I get aggravated and start screaming at them to shut up!

Why is it when we get to the store the first place they want to go is the potty? I'll be in the middle of food shopping and then I have to rush to the bathroom which mind you is way across the other side of the store. Then we get there and the 2 start their tantrums. Only one will actually go. Never mind going to the store for a short trip. It will not happen! Expect to spend 1/2 hour in the bathroom.

The other day the girls had dance class. Well, I spent the entire 1/2 hour in the bathroom with Victoria. She had to do number 2. She did go but then missed her dance class. She didn't want to go in during the middle of the class.

Then at my sister-in-law's house Victoria refused to use the potty. We asked her a million times if she had to go and she said no. At one point we carried her into the bathroom while she screamed bloody murder. Then she wound up peeing in her pants. Not once, but twice! Victoria was doing it a while back but I didn't force it. Now, I think I missed her calling!

Justin has been doing really well. He's been dry for a week now. He's starting to use other potties too. He is getting a reward very soon for doing so good. He even wakes up in the middle of the night and goes on the potty. Now, the girls do not. They are all in night time pull ups at night.

Naomi continues to be good. She's fully trained but goes to the bathroom often.

Tell you the truth, I'd much rather have them in diapers. It was a lot easier as changes were scheduled. Please pray I make it through this potty training phase.

No comments: