Thursday, December 13, 2007

Oh No! Not Again!

I had another scare tonight. I brought Diamonds to the vet for her yearly check up. Well, I was putting it off and putting it off. She was supposed to go back in Sept I think but we just didn't have the money to bring her. Then after Rocky's death I put her on my top list of things to do have her checked out.

Since Rocky's death on Halloween Diamonds has been very vocal and loving. She follows me all over the house. She even sits on my computer or behind my computer when I am using it. The doctor said that she has lost some weight and is probably depressed because of losing her brother.

The vet then tries to look in her mouth. Diamonds does not like this so she is hissing and showing her teeth non stop. The doctor says, "Is that saliva or is there something in her mouth?" I'm like "WHAT?" She then says, "I see something in her mouth." I then tell her about Rocky and how he had passed away by chocking on a plastic bag. Well, she tells me that she can't possible see what's in her mouth and that in order to do so she would have to give her some sedation to calm her down. So I went home without Diamonds. I felt like throwing up the entire way home. I walk in the house crying.

Finally the doctor calls and says that the foreign object that was caught on her tooth was some sort of plastic. We do not know what this object is nor do we know if she had swallowed any. She's okay and is now home. Glad the doctor found this before she did actually swallow it.

Never a dull moment at my house.

3 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I'm so glad your cat is okay!

Finished my tag finally. You can read the results at
http://loonyhiker.blogspot.com

Bonnie said...

So glad your kitty-cat is okay Laura! shame, what a scare hey!!

Bonnie said...

Congrats on the new camera!! Don't know it, but you can't go wrong with a canon!!