Monday, December 31, 2007

December 07 Roundup

Roundup_questionsr

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

Not one book did I read this month. Still no time! I don't think I read any magazines either except for Creating Keepsakes magazine. I tend to read them and then rip out the pages for future pages but do I ever go back and look at the torn pages? No! I don't know why I even bother!

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

MOVIE DITZ MOMENT: I wasted my time and rented Basic Instinct 2. I'm a real ditz. I got this movie confused with another (Fatal Attraction). Now, my husband won't let me rent any more movies. Only joking. I don't know how I got the two movies confused. I kept telling my husband boy she looks so different from part 1. I thought she had curly hair. Then my husband said to describe the 1st movie and yes, I sure did have the wrong movie. I remembered the bathtub scene and the bunny on the stove. My husband immediately said, "You got the wrong movie." No wonder why I didn't like it.

TV Shows: Well, we started to watch "Life" reruns. We have 2 more episodes to watch which we will be watching tonight of season 1. We are really enjoying it. You can download the episodes at the link I provided above.

My husband had me watch the pilot of Dexter on Show Time. He watched the first season without me and said it was very good show. It is sort of like Nip Tuck and Six Feet Under that we both watched. I'm sure I will probably be watching the rest of the season since there is nothing left to watch on tv because of the writers strike.

What special days did I celebrate and how?

We celebrated Hanukkah. It came and went so fast. We bought the kids so many gifts that they still haven't opened up everything. It got too overwhelming for them. We went to the synagogue for one of the nights and saw them light the big menorah. We also went on our drive and see the lights one night. We found a really cool house that had lights that blinked to the music which was quite amazing. We celebrated Christmas day briefly at my sisters house. Unfortunately, my kids had gotten sick so only Naomi went with us to my sisters. We got to eat and run. We didn't get to stay for dessert because my mom had to still eat.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?

We gave the kids their own computers. Yes, 3 of them. My husband got a good deal. They are learning to use the mouse and they like the PBS Kids website for games. They also got new desks, some games for their leapster, some board games, dolls and cars.

I got from my husband a Canon Digital Rebel, a GPS system and a digital frame that I still need to learn how to use. I love my new camera though. I used to have the Canon EOS Rebel SLR camera. I loved it but my husband wanted us to go digital so he gave me these point and shoot things and for 3 years I used them but I so missed my Rebel. Now, I can use my lenses again. Plus the photos come out so much better than a point and shoot. Stay tuned for some great photography in the coming months.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?

We had double ear infections on Christmas Day. I saw the doctor for my yearly check up and she said she thinks I am suffering from anxiety or depression. She gave me some medication that I can't drive with so I haven't taken any of it. I am usually on the go so I can't take medication that will confine me to my house. I guess I will just have to deal with my anxiety the best I can.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

We went for our yearly drive around the neighborhood to look at the Christmas lights on all the houses. My mom came with us. We saw a house that had lights that went with the music. My kids would say it was "AMAZING".

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?

I participated in 2 cookie exchanges this month. One for MOPS and one for MOMs Club. I made Ricotta Cookies and Sour Cream Sugar Cookies. Both were really yummy. I also tried a new recipe (meatloaf) made in the microwave by Loonyhiker. Thanks Loonyhiker for coming to my rescue one night this week when I came across that horrible question "WHAT'S FOR DINNER."

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

My husband got my parents a GPS system for their car. I thought it was a bit unusual but that's what my mom wanted for the holidays.

What were this month's disappointments?

We didn't get to spend the entire holiday with the family because the kids were sick.

What were my accomplishments this month?

I completed over 500 scrapbook pages for the year. I have to recalculate Dec but last I checked it was over 500! My goal was 400 for the year so I way passed my goal for the year. I also had 3 books printed of my digital pages. One for each child for the year 2007. I started a brag book for 2007 and am halfway down with it. Can't wait to have these small pages printed up.

Anything else noteworthy to record?

Roundup_task_list

Backup your digital pictures to cd/dvd and upload them to an online site or two for an extra backup. Send the links to the online albums to friends and family.

Choose photos (or digital layouts) to be printed out and get that done while you are thinking about it.

Make sure your scrapbooking area is cleaned up and organized. Put away new purchases (or organize your hard drive if you are a digi scrapper)

Look over the calendar for the coming month and make note of upcoming events you will want to capture for your scrapbooks.

Get those December memories rounded up!

No comments: