Friday, August 31, 2007

School Dress Code

Blog Prompt: Now that school has started back here, the big issue is the dress code. Do you agree with having a dress code and if so, who should determine what it should be? Should it be the principal, the school board, the students, the parents, the state dept. of ed or someone else?

School doesn't start here until Sept 11. My children are only going into preschool but I did get a notice that they should be dressed casual. They have to wear clothing that they won't get upset if they ruin because of the art projects. Sneakers should be worn on their feet because of the playground. I got some adorable dresses for the girls from the triplet moms. The dresses all match. Like some are the same dress but in a different color. They are going to look so cute. Justin got some hand me downs as well but I still haven't had time to go through the bags and wash them all. Oops, I went off topic.

Yes, I do agree that there should be a dress code. Some girls lately have been wearing some outrageous outfits showing off some inappropriate body parts. The other day while eating lunch with the triplets in a family restaurant my girls were standing up and turning to see the people sitting behind them. I could not believe my eyes. This girl had earrings in her nose, her lip, her eyebrow and her hair was spray painted this bright red. She looked like a clown in my opinion. My children never saw anything like that so they kept standing up to look. I so hope that my children decide not to mutilate their face like that when they get older. It's a shame that that girl thinks she looks pretty that way. Opps, I went off topic again.

I think the school board should decide what is appropriate for the children to wear. It should be like voted on at a PTA conference especially if they are going to have them wear some type of uniform. My children are going to a private school but they can wear their own clothing no uniform and when they reach kindergarten they will go to a public school so again no uniforms. Since our taxes are extremely high we are using public school since we already pay for that service. I can't see paying again for a private school.

3 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I'm so glad you won't have to buy uniforms for 3 kids! That had me thinking about the prom and graduation. You better start saving now because that stuff costs an arm and a leg! My students paid $70 for just a cap and gown, tassel, and diploma cover (all were required).

Unknown said...

I think one of the drawbacks of uniforms is the cost. While a dress standard should be able to be met by anyone. And I totally agree with your school about the sneakers.

Tammy said...

Oh man. Having to dress 3 kids all the time for school. Wow.