Thursday, August 02, 2007

Ideal Picnic

Blog Prompt: If you could plan the ideal picnic for your family, what would it look like? Be sure to include the following: Food, Location , Activities.

The ideal picnic. Let's see. It certainly would not be today. It was over 100 degrees. My air conditioning couldn't even keep up. At one point my house reached 80 degrees and I had it set for 74! This humidity is crazy. So anyway, the ideal picnic would be where the temp is about 70 with a little bit of a breeze. It would be at a shady park location. Especially where the children can play. It needs to be in the shade so they can go on the slide without it being extremely hot for them to sit on it.

All 5 of us would attend. My husband would suggest the picnic. I hate suggesting things all the time. Not only that he would be willing to go. Not as if I dragged him. I hate when he goes somewhere and I drag him because then it's really not enjoyable.

We would have this big blanket to lay on the ground. Big enough for all 5 of us to sit on. The picnic basket would be filled with all sorts of yummy foods. The kids would, of course, have their favorite - Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich and they would have all sorts of snacks including strawberries and chips. To drink we would have iced tea and Diet Coke. Both my husband and I are not alcohol drinkers so the soda would be good for both of us.

The kids would not fight and they would play on the swings and slides without any assistance from me and their daddy. This leaving me and my daddy alone for some quite time, of course, watching them from sitting on the blanket. Maybe even catching some smooches.

The day would end without any tantrums that they had to leave. Lately, everywhere we go the tantrums start because they don't want to leave and are having a great time. It really ruins it for the next possible outing.

2 comments:

heather said...

Would you believe I have a 7 year old who still cannot swing himself! (luckily he's not that into swings any more LOL) I agree it would be nice to lie there and watch them swing :)

loonyhiker said...

This sounded wonderful! I won't tell you that when my hubby goes to work I raise the air condition so that it gets to 80 in my house! He loves it cold and I am always freezing. It's been about 100 here with high humidity too. I can't imagine 3 kids having tantrums all at the same time. That sounds like a horror movie! We walked in the park last night and a dad had a screaming youngun who was mad because they were leaving the playground. Boy, she was mad and poor dad looked harrassed!