Saturday, August 25, 2007

I Would Never Give Up

Blog Prompt: One food you would never give up is...

It would most definitely be pasta. I think I have it almost every day in one form or another. I like it with butter, with tomato sauce, as a salad, with cheese etc. I like it in any form. I so hope that I don't develop diabetes when I get older because I wouldn't know what to eat. When I was pregnant I had gestational diabetes and to not be able to eat bowls and bowls of pasta was torture. Imagine telling a pregnant lady you can only have one cup of pasta when it's your favorite food and you are craving it. It was torture. My other favorite food would be the baked potato. Yes, again being pregnant I wasn't allowed to eat that either. Well, only 1/2 of one was okay but how can you only eat 1/2 a potato? Being pregnant was very difficult for me. Not only did I have a high risk pregnancy and gained 60 pounds with the triplets but having the gestational diabetes was hard. Imagine if I didn't have gestational diabetes I'm sure I probably would have gained much more. Luckily I am now back to pre-pregnancy weight and the triplets are turning 3 tomorrow. Time sure flew.

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I love pasta too! I should have been born an Italian because I would have been in heaven. I love pasta cooked just about any way I can get it! Of course it just adds pounds and pounds on me so I try to only eat it once a week.

ArcaneFaery said...

yes----pasta----my favorite sauce, though, is pesto, with chicken! (of course) or Olive Garden's to-die-for alfredo, with farfalle.....ooooh yum!