Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Herbs


Blog Prompt: Today is More Herbs, Less Salt Day. What herb(s) do you like in your food?


The only herb I can think of is rosemary. I love it with garlic on roasted potatoes. I did try to grow basil once and was using that quite often in my meals. I had the plant on top of my kitchen sink but my mom said it looked like it was dying so she threw my plant out. I need to try growing herbs again. When I purchase fresh herbs in the store I always wind up forgetting I purchased them and they go bad in the fridge. If the plant was in my face maybe I would use them more.

3 comments:

Rose said...

I am the herb master. Having been on WW, I've learned to use all sorts of herbs ~ Cilantro, Basil, Rosemary, Thyme, Parsley and Sage. I've also learned about dried herbs, like don't put too much sage or thyme in your food or it will then taste smell like a horse. Hehehee. If you can buy dried herbs in bulk, it's awesome because you can get a baggie of say Cumin for $1.00 when at the store you pay $4 for the bottle. And then I usually just refill my bottles. Saves lots of money!

Love the new LO. Congrats on reaching your goal. I should do that. ~ R

D said...

I love herbs and spices. I usually just use dry because I forget about them in my fridge too. I keep meaning to do menu planning so that I will just buy what I need because fresh is so much better. I tried growing some but mine really did die. Gotta try again...

loonyhiker said...

I like rosemary too. I like to grow it but I forget to use it and can't remember what I need to put it on.