Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Noise from Childhood

Blog Prompt: Describe a 'sound' from your childhood. What was it? When did you hear it? What does it bring to mind?

This prompt was a bit of a challenge. I sat here thinking and thinking. The only thing I could think of is music. There was always music playing in the house and also because I played some instruments. I played the guitar, the accordian, the clarinete and the hand bells. Out of all the instruments that I played I remember the hand bells the most. I would play them at church. I remember going every Thurs night for practice. Then I would play at church on Sunday and sometimes they would have a strawberry festival where we would play outside and they would serve strawberries. We also would travel to New York City to play during the Christmas holidays. I did not have hand bells to bring home so I looked forward to the Thurs night practice.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, I thought my son was the only person that loved to play the Hand Bells. But then again he is a musc major too.

I remember alot of music in my house too. Dick Clark on the tv. hehehe

loonyhiker said...

I think handbells sound so beautiful! But I am always so into the song that I would forget to ring my bell! That was the end of the endeavor!

Unknown said...

I think that music is the noise I remember from my childhood too.