Thursday, May 10, 2007

I Almost Lost My Victoria

Today it was nice outside. I decided to let them play in the driveway. We were doing great. First we just used chalk and drew on the drive way. Then they wanted to take their bikes out. The coup type car where you use your feet to get around sort of like the flintstones. I had only one car but this past weekend I was able to get a firetruck where one kid sits on the back and the other uses his feet to move around. All was great they were having a blast. Now, mind you my drive way is very big and slops and I have a pretty busy street.

In a split second Victoria was in the coup car and she started to move fast down the driveway. Here I am screaming and running after her only I was not fast enough. She too got scared and she was screaming too as I was screaming on the top of my lungs THE STREET THE STREET STOP STOP STOP VICTORIA VICTORIA. By the time I reached her she had already went into the street and crossed it hitting the other side of the curb. I'm still shaking from this. No there were no cars coming but just the thought. We could have both been killed. I was not fast enough to catch her. I must have pulled something in my leg too because now my legs are hurting.

When I reached her car and pulled her out of it she was hystically crying and I was so shaken that I couldn't stop hugging her and kissing her and telling her to never scare mommy like that again. I'm still upset. We are never going in the driveway again. It was so scarey.

3 comments:

carin.c said...

OMG - know just what you mean, my ds got very fast at running all of a sudden and if he has a small head start... let's just say my heart was in my throat once or twice.

Canay said...

It is amazing how fast something like that can happen. Sometimes a good scare is just the wake up call we need. It's like God is saying..."hey...be careful out there"...

Unknown said...

Wow, what a terrable thing to have happen, I thank God that there were no cars around...I have a 2 year old daughter and also a very long steep driveway with a very busy street, that can happen at anytime, but now the scary thing is we are expecting triplets girls July 4th, 4 girls! What a blessing, oh boy, but how scary! Please check out our website and maybe give me a few ideas about what to expect with triplets...manntriplets.com
I hope things are good with you and your family, take care
Jen