Friday, August 07, 2009

Fridays Fave 5


Wow is it Friday already? This week flew! Here's my favorite highlights for the week in no particular order.

1. Breakfast in Bed. This week was a bit stressful. But this morning my husband brought me eggs and coffee for breakfast. He also fed the kids so I could sleep a little bit longer. It's always nice when he has time to chip in and show that he cares.

2. New Message Board. We went to home depot this week and did the kids free workshop. Each child made a message board. One side is cork and the other is a white board. At the bottom is 3 hooks where I found washable markers with hooks at AC Moore to hang on it. I haven't found a place to hang the boards yet but the kids love playing with their new homemade item.

After making our board we went to the craft store and picked up some items to decorate the board. Here is Justin's after he decorated it. He painted the J in different colors. His embellishments were school related. The girls had princess items. He drew a picture of his sister Victoria with pink tails.



3. Cribs. It's been about 2 months since we purchased the twin beds for the girls. The cribs were in my bedroom waiting to be dismantled. My husband finally the other night took them apart. They will be donated to Vietnam Veterans of America tomorrow along with some crib bedding that I no longer need.

4. My Niece was Born. Ashley Faith was born on August 4. She was born at 32 weeks and weighed 4 pounds 11 ounces. I was able to visit her in the hospital this week. My sister had some difficulty with the pregnancy and had her early. This is a photo of my niece Amanda looking in at her sister.


5. National Night Out. We went to National Night Out for the first time. For the past 2 years I had volunteered and worked at the MOMS Club booth but this year I did not since I had no one to watch the kids. We took a tour of the police department and was able to see the jail. This is a photo of the kids in the jail with their friends.


What is your five favorite things from your week? Do a post and join on up on Mr. Linky. We'd love to come and visit you!

5 comments:

Brook said...

Wow...breakfast in bed, what a guy you have! How fun to take the kids to do wood working projects. Your son's work is beautiful! Congratulations on the baby...praying that she grows and her mommy recovers quickly.

Brenda said...

Looks like a great week! What a fun craft idea!

Unknown said...

Home Depot rocks! We try to catch their display at our State Fair... they do cool projects their too!

Hazel said...

What creative kids you got. I love the photo of your nieces. Have a great weekend!

Susanne said...

Lucky you, sleeping in and breakfast in bed! That bulletin board is really neat and how great that your kids can say they made them! The jail pic is great! Congrats on your new neice.