Thursday, July 31, 2008

July 08 - Round Up

Is it that time again? Why did July go so fast? The summer is half way over and boy did we do a lot this month.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Books: I started to read "Twenty Wishes" by Debbie Macomber. Unfortunately, I read only 2 chapters in 3 weeks so the book was returned to the library because I could not renew it. I will have to request it again one day. I am in the middle of "The Mermaid Chair" by Sue Monk Kidd. I am reading this for the book club this month. I actually took out the CD so I am listening to it. I just can't find the time to read lately. My friend Deb sent me "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne. I have been having a lot of bad things happening so she advised me to read the secret. I actually reserved it at the library and finally received the CD so I've been listening to that as well. It certainly has already changed some things in my life. I'm hoping for the better. I'm going to get my husband to listen to this CD as well and have the movie in my queque at netflix.

Magazines: Well, with my coke rewards I got 4 new magazine subscriptions for $10. I will be getting Ladies' Home Journal, Redbook, Better Homes and Gardens and Good Housekeeping. I also got Gardening How-To. I haven't yet got them in the mail yet though. Hope I can find the time to read all these.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

We took the kids to see Wall-e. I didn't want to see the movie but my husband did so it was a fun event for the entire family. Unfortunately, Victoria fell asleep. The other 2 did watch the entire movie. I did think it was a bit slow moving.
I went to see Sex in the City with my friend. I really enjoyed it. It made me cry and laugh and I so needed that. I used to watch the show and really miss it.
My husband and I decided to join back with netflix this month so you will be seeing lots of movies my way. We always thought netflix was the best but then there was a time when we just didn't have the time to watch movies and wasn't returning them as fast as we had hoped so we cancelled it. Now, that there is no new tv shows we needed to find something for us to watch so we decided to renew our account.
The Machinist - This was one of the movies my husband chose. It was a very weird movie. One where you have to think while you are watching it. If you like psycho type movies this was a good one.
The Bucket List - This one I didn't like that well. It was very depressing and with my grandmother undergoing chemo I don't think I should have watched this one.
PS I Love You. Loved this movie. Normally I put a movie on in the background and I continue to use my computer but this one I actually turned my computer off and sat and watched the entire thing. I actually cried at one point. I enjoyed this movie.
Didn't watch much tv except for Days of Our Lives.

What special days did I celebrate and how?

The kids were invited to 4 birthday parties. Two from their preschool and two from the MOMS Club. 4th of July was at my parent's house as it normally is every year. My grandmother, grandfather, my sister, brother-in-law and niece were there too. Luckily my mom took the kids 2 days before so I was able to have some time alone with my husband.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?

My friend Deb mailed me the book "The Secret" it was a big surprise to get it in the mail. Dealing with all the negative things in my life right now she felt I needed an uplift. I am halfway through the book and already my thoughts and situation are getting better. I can't thank Deb enough for this wonderful gift she shared with me.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?

I am taking birth control and it's very expensive. So I've been trying to get my doctor to change my prescription to a genetic brand. I called last month and went to pick up my medication this month and it wasn't changed. Then this month Aunt Flo decides to show up in week 3! What a surprise. I called again to have my prescription changed and to let him know that Aunt Flo is visiting in week 3 instead of week 4. It's been 3 days now and I haven't had a call back. So I will have to call again. This is ridiculous.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
We went to Hurricane Harbor 2 times. We have season passes. It was a lot of fun with the kids. My mother finally activated her season pass and came with us once. The kids loved the lazy river. I did make the mistake and got them lunch in the park and it cost me $40 for pizza. Crazy. Never will do that again. Must remember to feed kids before entering the park.

We bought a pool for the kids to enjoy. It is a 3 foot pool. Unfortunately, I am the one who has to take care of it and add chemicals each night. But the kids enjoy playing in it. They enjoy it so much that I signed them up for swim lessons. They will be going in August.

We went to a two Freedom Fest fairs. One of them we were rained out at but the kids had a fun time getting wet with no umbrellas. Of course, these two things I went alone as usual.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?

Can't think of anything new.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

I got the new scalloped punch from Stampin' Up. It's awesome. I also got the new in colors and some new stamp sets. Again this brings up the problem with my craft room. I so need to go and purge some stuff so I can enjoy my room again. The new catalog starts in August so need to get rid of some stuff to get new stuff.
I got some new clothes finally. I needed some summer stuff so when my mom took the kids I went to the mall and got some short sleeve tops and some capri pants. I even got some bikini under wares. My husband has been complaining that I wear diapers as the undies which I did have looked like diapers.

What were this month's disappointments?

Victoria got a hold of the scissors in my bathroom and cut her long hair. It was so bad that I had to take her to the beauty parlor for them to fix it. She now has shorter hair than Naomi.

At Hurricane Harbor my daughter Naomi went under water and I panicked and dropped my Sony Cybershot camera into the water. It now does not work. It was the camera that I carried in my pocketbook everywhere.

For 3 days I thought I was unemployed. It was a miscommunication on my part. Luckily, I still have my job. I only work one day a week and it helps pay for the kids schooling so I'm glad I am still working.

I also never found my cat. I e-mailed the township website to have her listed on the lost and found but they never did it until today. I was so mad that it took them that long to list her. I am still praying that she will return safely even though it has been over a month now.

What were my accomplishments this month?

I managed to make it through another month doing the newsletter for the MOMS Club. It's been a little stressful since the two proofreaders are very anal and need everything perfect. Which means lots of time spent on it for the past 2 months.

Anything else noteworthy to record?

--------------------------------
Backup your digital pictures to cd/dvd and upload them to an online site or two for an extra backup. Send the links to the online albums to friends and family.

Choose photos (or digital layouts) to be printed out and get that done while you are thinking about it.

Make sure your scrapbooking area is cleaned up and organized. Put away new purchases (or organize your hard drive if you are a digi scrapper)

Look over the calendar for the coming month and make note of upcoming events you will want to capture for your scrapbooks.

For more Round Ups visit Scrapbook Lady blog.

No comments: