Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fridays Fave 5

Sorry posting mine a bit late. The weekend just got away from me. This past week had so many ups and downs some happy and some sad we even had an emergency. Join me as I reflect back on the week and find my five favorite things.

1. Ashley's Baptism. The week started out with my niece Ashley getting baptized. I stood up as God Mother. The entire family got together to celebrate our little miracle. The only one not present was my husband since he had to work overnight.

2. Earrings. My daughter had an emergency this week. Her diamond earring went into her ear and we couldn't get it out. My husband had to rush her to the doctor's office for the doctor to remove the earring through the back. After returning home my husband and I went to the mall and purchased 2 new sets for both girls. The earrings that were in her ear are now in the garbage and note to self never purchase cheap earrings from Walmart. Cost us $80 for real ones at the mall. Priceless.

3. Iced Coffee. It seems to be the only thing that gets me motivated.

4. Peppers. Our garden has peppers finally. Amazing.

5. Emily's Birthday. At the end of the week we lit a candle in memorial of my niece Emily who passed away last year. She would have been one years old on Friday. It was a rough day for our family. She will always be remembered and loved my sweet angel Emily.

What has made your 5 favorites this week? Go over to Living to tell the story and post your link of Mr. Linky.

2 comments:

Lisa Anne said...

Sounds like you had quite a week. I'm so sorry baout your niece. Very sad.

I pierced my nose once and it swelled so much I couldn't see the piercing. I was able to fish it out after an hour of trying with tweezers. Obviously I didn't learn my lesson cause I went and had the other nostril pierced shortly after.

Susanne said...

I'm very sorry about your niece.

Ouch to your daughter's ear. I've never heard of that happening before. I'm glad she is okay.

How exciting about Ashley's baptism. Truly a precious thing to celebrate!

Iced Coffee, yum! Home grown peppers, yum!

Hope your next week goes better.