Saturday, October 03, 2009

Fridays Fave 5

Wow is it Friday already? Do I say that every week? Time just seems to fly. I did manage to get a lot accomplished though this week. Lots of decluttering and finishing up projects.


So here we go with this week's favorite highlights of my week.

1. Laundry Room. Yes, I tackled my laundry room when the kids were in school. I managed to get the whole shelf cleaned out. All the summer stuff was put away. All the school supplies were put away. It is so nice to come home and see a nice place for my pocketbook and gym bag. The above photo shows you what it looks like now after the decluttering. But you need to see the before photo below to realize how much I have accomplished.



2. Ashley's blanket. I finally finished Ashley's knitted blanket. I had the knitting all done but it needed to be blocked. So finally one day this week I wet it and pinned it while stretching it to shape. This blanket actually took me 5 years to complete. What? It was originally started 5 years ago before I got pregnant with the triplets. Once they told me I was expecting triplets I put it down and didn't pick it back up until this past Jan or Feb when I found it in my closet and had the urge to learn to knit again.

3. Sewing Table. I started an on line sewing class. The class consists of 13 days. The first day was to make a space for your sewing machine. Well, this was a major project for me since my craft room is a total clutter mess. For 3 hours it took me to dig out the corner of my room to make my sewing space. Above photo shows my new sewing space. Take a lot at the before photo below. Yikes!




4. Naomi's leg warmer. Remember last week I started a new knitting project. Well, with all the tv I have been watching I managed to complete one leg. I have been watching Melrose Place, Heroes, Vampire Diaries, Desperate Housewives and Fast Forward. Oh, and you can't forget I watch Days of Our Lives every day.


5. Yom Kippur. We celebrated Yom Kippur with my husband's parents. Bagels was the main course along with some fish. The kids enjoyed coloring and looking at Daddy's old photos on the wall.

How was your week? Can you find five favorite things out of it? We'd love to come and visit you to enjoy them with you. If you've done a post, please link the specific post onto Mr. Linky here at Living To Tell the Story. Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Love the new fall "clothes" for your blog. So fun!

You sound like you have got a lot accomplished for the week. My laundry room very much needs a good cleaning and organizing. You may have inspired me.

Do you have an email? I would like to email you a question that I have but I don't see a button for that.