Sunday, July 29, 2007

Doing the Happy Dance

A lot is going on here. First, as I already mentioned in a previous post my MIL gave me her piano. Last night I did my first lesson. I think I'm really going to like this. I found some free lessons on the web that I'm following and I also requested some books from the library. My goal is to practice at least 15 minutes a day. I think it's really going to be easy since I have used my hands a lot. If you don't know me you probably didn't know that when I graduated from high school I went to school to become a court reporter. I studied for 5 years practicing every day doing exercises with my hands on a keyboard using every finger at a fast rate speed. I graduated doing 250 words per minute. Unfortunately, I did not like the field and quite but I do still use my hands on a regular typewriter daily browsing the web or typing up something. I'm sure I'm at about 80 words per minute on a regular typewriter.

Other news! Finally, something good has come in the mail! My DH got a jury duty notice a couple weeks ago. He filled it out trying to get excused because he is the sole provider of our family and if he doesn't work then we don't get paid! He was denied. The stress of him having to go to jury duty really put a toll on me. I decided to try again and send them a notice for excuse. I wrote a long letter explaining that we are in a bit of a financal crisis and that we have triplets and if my husband doesn't work we won't be able to feed and diaper our children. My husband faxed the letter in last Monday. So the week long wait! Finally, yesterday we received the postcard. He's excused. Thank you God!

More Good News: I applied for another CT (creative team) for a digital designer. I was accepted. I will be designing layouts for Michaele Burkhart. You can find her digital kits here. Not only will I be designing 2 layouts each month but I will be making one quick page from her kits as well for her to sell or give away free. I'm very excited about this as I really like to make quick pages and others will be able to use my designs. August will be a busy month.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Great news about the Jury Duty Laura. And well done for hanging in there and writing that letter.
And How impressive that you're teaching yourself to play the piano. I have a harp which is now languishing (very attractively) in a corner of the room because I don't practice any more.
And super congrats on getting the CT gig.
What a huge post this has been.