Friday, November 09, 2007

Memories Working at Shoprite

I did this page both for a journaling challenge and also as a CT layout for Karla using her new kit Blessings. Link below in the credits where you can purchase this kit.

Journaling reads:
When I was a teenager and in my early 20’s I worked at a supermarket called Shoprite. In the 6 years that I worked there I held many positions such as cashier, courtesy counter and bookkeeper. At one point I even worked doing price changes. I can still remember there were many times while working there that I had come in contact with a mouse. I am very afraid of them.

There was this one time I was changing prices on some canned items I reached inside the shelf to move the can and up my arm ran a mouse. I jumped and I screamed so loud about it only to discover that not only was there a live mouse scampering across the aisle but behind that can that I had removed was another mouse squashed and dead.

Another time we found one trapped in the conveyer belt while cleaning up the register. You only saw his head popping out at the top of the belt. I have no idea how he got there.
My memory is going but I still remember those 3 mice.

Credits:
Blessings by Karla's Kaleidoscope Designs
mouse photo by Milos Andera
Shoprite logo by newhaven.edu
Font: Gill Sans MT Con...

1 comment:

D said...

Sounds like good reason to be scared of them! I could not handle one running up my arm! creepy! Great journaling and LO!