Friday, July 31, 2009

Fridays Fave 5

Well, this week has been bit chaotic with my car accident. Let's see if I can think of 5 good things that happened during the week.

1. Friends come to the rescue. With my car being damaged and not drivable my 2 friends Julie and Kara come to the rescue and drive us to the beach as planned. Thank you friends. The kids had a blast at the beach.

2. New Cordless headphones. My headphones broke a couple months ago. I was still wearing them with big tape wrapped around them to hold it on my head. The other night my husband surprised me and ordered me a new pair. I've been listening to some books at night while digitally scrapping. I am always doing 2 things at once.

3. Rental Car. My car was taken away this week due to it being too damaged to drive. Luckily our insurance will cover 80% of a rental car so this morning we now have a car to drive until our car is fixed.

4. Property Taxes. We finally got our bill and yes it did go down finally. Luckily since it came so late they are allowing us to pay it by the 21st as we don't have the money to pay it right now.

5. Grocery Shopping. Saved $80 in coupons this week. So need to try to shop with cash though as I'm still spending way too much weekly.

What were your favorite things from your week? Do up a post and sign on Mr. Linky so that we can come and visit you. Everyone is welcome!


4 comments:

Susanne said...

You saved $80 in coupons? That is amazing!

Sorry about your car but what great friends you have jumping up to the plate to take you guys to the beach and yay for insurance covering most of the rental. Hopefully yours will be fixed soon.

Lisa notes... said...

Sounds like you have some marvelous friends!

Cordless headphones? Hmm...never heard of them, but I'm quite an audiophile so it might be something I need to look into...

Thanks for sharing your week!

annies home said...

great for you saving so much

Brenda said...

Good job on the coupon savings. How nice of your friends to help you out while your car is out of order