Monday, May 04, 2009

Menu Plan Monday + Top 10 Selecting Recipes

It's been a while since I posted a menu plan. I dread cooking and get so overwhelmed with that question each day "What's for dinner?" It could be that my family is picky. Like, I would perfectly be happy with a pasta meal but my husband has to have a meat/poultry at every meal.

I am so like Laura. Not only do we have the same name but I too get bored of cooking the same things over and over so I do try new recipes often.

My Top 10 List for Selecting New Recipes

1. I pass on all fish recipes since my husband doesn't like the smell of it. I do like shell fish but I tend to eat them at restaurants.

2. I pass on all pork recipes. I gave up pork when I converted 5 years ago.

3. I basically look for chicken, ground beef or ground chicken, regular beef, and sausage. Nope not pork sausage but chicken sausage. I also use turkey bacon in place of regular bacon.

4. I have been looking for crockpot meals lately because of all the activities I do sometimes I just need a quick meal to be waiting for me when we get home.

5. I don't like recipes that have strange to find ingredients or lots of ingredients that cost too much money to make.

6. I collect the recipes and add them to my yahoo notepad and sort them by category.

7. I also like to try recipes that have been tried and true by friends.

8. I try to find quick and easy recipes.

9. I use the internet often. Most times I search by ingredients on hand. The internet is so much faster than taking out my cook books.

10. Once tried. I only put the recipe in my book if my husband or I like it or if the kids all eat it. I make a note on top of each recipe put in my binder if it is a hit. Otherwise it gets deleted or thrown away.

My menu this week (trying all new recipes)
Monday - Best Baked Chicken and Garlic Red Potatoes
Tuesday - *Beefy Pasta Skillet-20 mins
Wednesday - Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Thursday - BBQ chicken pizza
Friday - Mexican Lasagna
Saturday - Sausage in Sweet BBQ Sauce
Sunday - (hoping we're eating out! It's mother's day)

What are you eating this week? Join Organizing Junkie for more Menu Plan Mondays!

No comments: