Wednesday, October 31, 2007

In Loving Memory of Rocky

Last night my husband found my cat Rocky dead on the stairs. He chocked on a plastic bag that my kids had left around after snack time yesterday. He was only 11 years old. I will miss you my Pooh Bear Rocky and will see you again at the Rainbow Bridge. Halloween will never be the same again.

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills and streams for them to run and play in together. There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine, and they are warm and comfortable.

Any animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just the way we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. They are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, someone who had to be left behind.

It is a carefree place, where they all run and play together. Then one day one of them suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent, his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

He has seen you, and when you and your pet finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands caress his beloved head, and you look once more into his trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together..... "

3 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Rocky. Thanks for sharing the Rainbow Bridge. It is such a beautiful story and I hope it eases your pain.

stefani said...

Oh no Laura. I am so sorry to hear this.

cajunsis said...

I am so sorry you lost Rocky. Your furbaby will be waiting by the rainbow bridge. Thank you for sharing your story - it reminds me to not only think child safety, think pet safety as well. I hope others do the same.

Hugs, eb