Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Childhood Friend

Describe a favorite childhood friend and something you did with her or him. My best friend was Debbie. I met her in kindergarden. We would walk to school together as she lived right down the block from my house. Our moms became friends too. When we were in first grade she moved to another state. We remained in contact with each other through the years. We would spend entire summers together. Either I would go to her house or she'd come to mine. We spent a lot of time at her grandmother's house too. We even went to sleep away camp together 3 summers. We did have some childhood fights and we did lose contact when we were in our teens but found our way back to each other in our 20's. We are in our 30's now and we are both married and have children of our own. We live about 1/2 hour away from each other and either we talk on the phone or get together at least once a month. It's very rare to have a friend for 30 years. I am so glad she is in my life. She is always there when I need her. I am very grateful for her especially when I delivered the triplets. She came to visit me each night I was in the hospital and she even helped me take a shower when my husband was too squirmish to help. Not many friends would do that. Thanks Debbie for always being there for me.

No comments: