Fun, fabulous, and for the creative passion in your heart, Deco-Pages is having a Valentine's Day Scavenger Hunt from February 8-14th. Lots of NEW special treats will be available for FREE, find the clues on our designers' blogs and other locations! Watch for more information beginning February 1st! Learn more about it at Deco-Pages.com Hope to see you there...
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band (clarinet)
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris (not the top but at least partway)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Deco-Pages is looking for new talent to add to their existing Creative Team. If you enjoy creating scrapbook pages, working with an assortment of designers and would like to receive digital kits for free, this may be just what you're looking for. Stop over and check them out! http://www.deco-pages.com.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
www.deco-pages.com Design Team Call
Deco-Pages is now accepting designers, established or just starting out. Our designers do not have to be exclusive. We have a wonderful team of designers who all go the extra mile to help make Deco-Pages a friendly, creative, fun place to hang out. There is a wide variety of challenges that you can be involved with to help promote your kits and your relationship with our community. If you love digital scrapbooking than Deco-Pages is a wonderful place to hang up your hat! We have competitive commissions, We do not charge set up fees, and Deco-Pages pays all of the paypal fees. We have an extensive group of volunteers who will help you to promote your kits and challenges.
If you are interested in joining us, Please send the following information to
email@example.com (Please put "Design Team Inquiry" in the subject line of your email.)
Your name, address, phone, and email
- A short paragraph about yourself
- Links to all stores you sell at, if applicable
- A link to any online galleries, blog, etc. where I can see additional work
- A kit you designed (While commercial use items are ok, please
send a kit that includes something completely original by you.)
We look forward to hearing from you!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Friday, January 09, 2009
Each month I will have a particular theme to follow.
The theme for January will be BIRTHDAY.
Each participant is required to create 4 x 6 pages in a birthday theme.
If you create TWO 4 x 6 you will receive 2 (12 x 12 quick pages) below:
For an Added bonus: If you create FOUR Brag Book pages in the birthday theme you will receive this Brag Book Quick Page as well:
Please post your completed brag book pages to the new Brag Book Gallery here and link back to this thread.
Here are 7 pages I made in a birthday theme to show you. They are quick and easy to make. Credits are all in the Brag Book Gallery and made with all Deco-pages kits.
Can't wait to see your pages. Have fun.
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
1. My craft room. It's a major disaster area. I have so much stuff from when I was paper scrapbooking. I have iris carts stacked up to the ceiling with stuff. I have stuff piled all over my floor and counter tops. I just dread going into that room but little by little I've been throwing stuff out, pulling stuff out for the kids to use and yes, selling things on ebay. I don't feel like I have made any progress though. It's such an overwhelming task. My main problem is I can't part with anything. I have this hoarding problem where everything I pick up I say, "oh, the kids could use this for their crafts or Eventually the kids will use it." I can't let it all go. I would so like a craft room that was pleasant looking to go into. One day.
2. My son's closet. It's cluttered with all my quilting items. Fabrics and quilting supplies. Let's see? When was the last time I quilted? It has to be about 10 years now. I have lots of unfinished projects. Will I eventually get to these projects? I just don't know. I did at holiday time pull out my box of holiday fabric and cut some pieces into squares for the kids to use for arts and crafts. I also gave some stuff away to my friend who still quilts.
3. Bathroom closet on first floor. This is where I store the games for the kids and other bathroom stuff like toilet paper, tissues, air fresheners. The whole closet needs to be pulled apart and decluttered. Some of the games are missing pieces so they need to be thrown away. It's just very hard to do this while the kids are awake because they like to get into everything and open up all the boxes which doesn't help me at all since then the games get all mixed up. So it's a project that has to be done when the kids are asleep.
Saturday, January 03, 2009
1. Quite Christmas Eve. My parents took my kids for a sleep over so they'd experience the excitement of Santa coming and leaving them presents under their tree. Since we don't celebrate Christmas in our house it was a big thing for the kids to get presents from Santa (aka my parents). Anyway, it was very quite in our house and we were able to sleep late Christmas morning without being woken up by screeching little ones. Unfortunately, we weren't able to make love due to Aunt Flo visiting. Oh well, maybe next time.
2. New Thirty One Tote Bag. I got my new Cindy Tote bag for Christmas which replaces my old tote which was falling apart from Target or was it Walmart can't remember where I purchased it originally. Anyway, I got my new tote for half price for hosting a catalog party from Thirty One. I even got my initial on the bag so now you can call me Laverne just kidding. I got the insert for free. Now everything has a place. It's a bit larger and taller than my older tote so can't fit into the draw in my laundry room where the older tote went so need to make another home for it. But now when I open up my tote I can immediately find anything. This is especially important when I'm driving and need to get my phone, a piece of gum or whatever I need at the moment. I even have room for a book, a magazine and my new planner.
3. Baby Albums. The excitement of the kids looking at their baby scrapbooks were pricely during New Years Eve. The noise level was loud as they kept asking questions. Remember they were in the NICU and had lots of wires on them so there were many questions of why they looked like that. This was the first time they saw all the work I put into the pages I made for them. Each child has 2 books with photos of themselves in them. One book is their first year and the 2nd book is their 2nd year. They were done the old fashion way with paper scrapping and are 12 x 12 in size. Their 3rd and 4th year were done digitally and I moved to an 8 x 8 size instead.
4. New Filing System. I am determined to get organized to relieve some stress in 2009. There are some things that just aggravate me and filing is one of them. I hate to file. My old way was to file by account. I hated doing this so the paper would pile up until I got fed up and finally filed everything. As I was reading my many blogs that I subscribe to I came across an idea of making monthly files. So as I pay the bill for the month I just plop everything in the January folder instead of piling the stuff on top of the filing cabinet. I think this may work better for me. The yellow folders are my monthly folders. Then behind that I have Account (listing of all my accounts, phone number and balances), Classes (dance/gymnastics), Coupons, Photos, Library, School, Auto, Home, Medical, Bank, Taxes. In the very font red folder is for pending stuff. All of 2008 has been pulled out and filed away. This box is under my desk.
5. Pantry Makeover. I reorganized my pantry. I took everything out of the bottom with the help of the children and rearranged everything with like items together. Cleaning supplies to the left and Food to the right. I also sorted items with like items on the above shelves. This is the before photo. It was quite messy.
After I organized:
Thanks to Susanne for hosting, please visit her site to see more fun Friday Fave Fives!